- 6” (150mm) f/8 objective lens is perfect for high contrast planetary views
- 2” Focuser allows use with 2” and 1.25” accessories
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
ITEM # 22020
For planetary imaging and brighter deep-sky objects, many astroimagers say there’s no better choice than a refractor. Unlike Schmidt-Cassegrain or Newtonian telescopes that have a secondary mirror, refractors offer no obstruction of the aperture, giving you the highest possible contrast. This refractor setup features an f/8 objective lens, which can be paired with one of our Nightscape CCD cameras to image brighter deep-sky objects or our NexImage 5 Solar System Imager to create dazzling images of the planets.
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
|Aperture (mm)||150 mm (5.91 in)|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Focal Length||1200 mm (47 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||60 x|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||459 x|
|Optical Tube Length||51" in (1295 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||19 lbs (8.62 kg)|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||2 x 12 lbs|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.