- 8” (203mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 84% more light gathering than a 6” telescope.
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
ITEM # 12026
The iconic 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain has been known for decades as Celestron’s most beloved telescope. Now beginner to intermediate astroimagers can have their own “C-8” at an extremely affordable price. This classic design has been upgraded with our StarBright XLT coatings for maximum light transmission. Combined with our fully featured Advanced VX mount, you have a setup that is ready for both imaging and visual observing.
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
|Aperture (mm)||203 mm (7.99 in)|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Focal Length||2032 mm (80 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||102 x|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||841 x|
|Optical Tube Length||17" in (432 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||13 lbs (5.9 kg)|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 12 lbs|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components or damage from normal wear and tear. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.