- 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55"
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- Software Features include: Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five alignment methods and user-defined slew limits
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- 12 VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for improved tracking precision
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with .40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- Precision worm drive system - .75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and makes guiding easy
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Autoguide port, PC port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Latitude range: 10° to 65° Northern or Southern Hemispheres
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
ITEM # 11086
The CGE Pro 925 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is part of Celestron's "Top-of-the-Line" computerized German Equatorial mounted astronomical telescopes. It is the most portable of the three size models and comes mounted on Celestron's new CGE Pro EQ mount. This telescope is especially at home as a solid platform for long exposure photography with optional CCD cameras or photographic equipment. With over 9 inches of aperture and our premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CGE Pro 925 gives you over 1000 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye.
As a visual instrument, you can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and you can see hundreds of other equally interesting NGC, IC and Caldwell objects. Turn this scope to the planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach.
In addition to being fully computerized with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, the CGE Pro German Equatorial mount has been completely redesigned to offer numerous design advantages:
- Increased Payload Capacity - With a maximum payload of 90 lbs, the CGE Pro mount is able to hold the 9.25" telescope more securely even when fully loaded with all your imaging gear.
- All-Star Polar Alignment - Choose any bright alignment star for a software assisted alignment of the mount's polar axis that will have you ready for imaging even if you can't see the North Star.
- No-Tool polar alignment - Larger hand knobs for both Altitude and Azimuth adjustments.
- Meridian Tracking - Extended tracking past the Meridian of up to 20 degrees of uninterrupted imaging through the best part of the sky.
- Faster slew speed - Improved gearing and motors provide faster slew speeds than ever before with a maximum slew rate of over 5°/per second.
- Accuracy - The hallmark of any telescope mount is its ability to find, center and track celestial objects with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Pointing - With just a standard hand control alignment, CGE Pro has the ability to center a star in your eyepiece or CCD chip to within 5 arc minutes. Using NexStar's advanced pointing features such as Calibration Stars, Sync and Precise GoTo, further improves the pointing accuracy to as low as 1 arc minute in the desired region of the sky.
- Tracking - With larger .75" pitch diameter worm, precision made cut-steel gears in gearboxes, and seven slot skewed armature motors, the CGE Pro delivers smooth +/- 5 arc second tracking accuracy typical unguided periodic error, which can be further reduced with PPEC
- Mount Calibration - Celestron's NexStar hand control has built-in compensation features essential for accurately placing small objects on the center of your CCD chip or high power eyepiece. Aligning on multiple Calibration Stars creates a model of the opto-mechanical inaccuracies inherent in all equatorial mounts. This model is stored within the hand control and is used to compensate for these inaccuracies, thus improving your pointing precision each time you slew your telescope.
In addition to these improvements, the Celestron line of German Equatorial mounts has long been recognized for features preferred by visual observers and astrophotographer alike. Among them include:
- Portability - Set up and transportation of the CGE Pro telescopes is made easy by separating the mount into smaller, easy-to-carry components. Unlike fork arm mounted telescopes, the CGE's optical tubes can be quickly removed from their mounts making even the CGE Pro1400 easily assembled in minutes.
- Stability - Recognized for superior stability, German Equatorial mounts place the center of gravity directly over the tripod legs and can be easily polar aligned without the use of an optional equatorial wedge. This proven design reduces the “tuning fork” vibration that can be associated with undersized fork mounts. An improved Super HD Tripod supports the CGE Pro mount. This fully extendable tripod is made from the finest 2.75" stainless steel and can be raised to a height of 55". The tripod uses a dual leg support for maximum rigidity with an upper leg brace to provide an outward preload and a lower leg brace providing inward tension.
- Balance - CGE Pro Equatorial mounts can easily be balanced in both axes. Simply sliding the counterweight for Right Ascension and moving the optical tube along its dovetail mounting for Declination, accomplish balancing the weight of camera equipment and other visual accessories. This means that no additional weight needs to be added to balance the telescope when additional accessories are added. Clearance - CGE Pro mounts support their tubes at a single contact point allowing the tube to move freely around its polar axis without making contact with the telescope's mount. Software features allow the user to set the mount's slew limits to guaranty safe motion. This is particularly useful when adding photographic and CCD instruments that extend from the rear of the telescopes.
- Clearance - CGE Pro mounts support their tubes at a single contact point allowing the tube to move freely around its polar axis without making contact with the telescope's mount. Software features allow the user to set the mounts slew limits to guaranty safe motion. This is particularly useful when adding photographic and CCD instruments that extend from the rear of the telescopes.
All CGE mounted telescopes are compatible with Celestron's SkySync GPS accessory. Combine the GPS and built-in real time clock and these telescopes will keep track and remember their exact location and time without having to enter the information into the hand control.
CGE PRO Tracking Data
The following graphs display R.A. worm gear tracking accuracy of the CGE Pro Equatorial mount in 4 conditions: Figure 1 – Raw unguided tracking that isolates the periodic error; Figure 2 – Tracking with Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) enabled; Figure 3 – Guided tracking with an autoguider; and Figure 4 – Guided tracking with an autoguider and PPEC enabled. Data was acquired from Celestron’s engineering team using an EdgeHD 800 optical tube and NexImage camera at f/10. This data represents the typical performance of a CGE Pro under average seeing conditions from urban skies in Torrance, CA. Figure 2 has a cubic fit applied to the graph, and Figures 1, 3 and 4 have linear drift removed (to better show repeatable error). All Figures show 22 minutes of tracking, which covers 4 full rotations of the CGE Pro R.A. worm gear.
Figure 1. This graph displays the R.A. worm gear tracking accuracy for a typical CGE Pro equatorial mount. The graph shows 4 periods of the worm gear which yields about +/-7 arc seconds of periodic error. The minimal periodic error is both very predictable and gradual, allowing short unguided images to be taken, or much longer exposures with extremely accurate tracking when used with an autoguider.For more information about Celestron's new mount, go to the CGE Pro mount web page.
|Aperture (mm)||235 mm (9.25 in)|
|Focal Length||2350 mm (93 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||94 x|
|Mount Type||CGE Pro Computerized Equatorial|
|Tripod||Adjustable, 2.75" Stainless Steel legs|
|Power Requirements||Car battery adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1127 x|
|Apparent Field of View||0.53 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||28 ft (8.53 m)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||3.35 in (85 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||36%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||13%|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT Coating|
|Optical Tube Length||22 in (559 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||20 lbs (9.07 kg)|
|Counterweight Bar||5 lbs (2.27 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 22 lbs|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds 5.5 deg/s, 2 deg/s, 0.5 deg/s, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, 0.5x|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align, 1-Star Align|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- CGE Pro Series Manual
- Product Info Sheets
- CGE Pro Info Sheet
- Reference Materials
- Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Hand Control Firmware Updates v.1.1.14
- Motor Control Firmware Updates v.2.2.5
- PEC Tool v.1.0.18