- Celestron’s top-performing altazimuth telescope system, the CPC Deluxe HD is a favorite among experienced amateur astronomers and the preferred telescope of Stephen Hawking.
- 11-inch EdgeHD optical tube provides stunning views and sharp astroimages free of visual defects.
- NexStar+ hand control and internal GPS guides users through the simple SkyAlign setup and features a 40,000+ object database.
- Sturdy dual fork arm mount with upgraded gears and motors anchors the telescope for superior tracking and pointing accuracy.
- Ready for serious astroimaging, CPC Deluxe HD features All-Star Polar Alignment and Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction when equipped with the HD Pro Wedge.
ITEM # 11009
Combine top-of-the-line performance with unlimited versatility and you have the CPC Deluxe 1100HD. From a casual night of backyard observing to serious astroimaging at a dark sky location, the CPC Deluxe HD is a customer favorite for any application. The CPC/CPC Deluxe family is also the telescope of choice for NASA (a CPC 925 is currently deployed aboard the International Space Station) and astrophysicist Stephen Hawking, who uses a CPC Deluxe 1100HD at his home in Cambridge, UK.
Celestron’s Best Optics
What makes the view through a CPC Deluxe HD unforgettable? It all starts with our proprietary EdgeHD optical system. This unique design corrects for both coma and field curvature, providing aberration-free images and pinpoint stars across the largest imaging sensors and all the way to the edge of the widest eyepieces.
Read more about how EdgeHD outperforms competing optical systems by downloading the EdgeHD whitepaper.
All EdgeHD systems include our StarBright XLT coatings on all optical surfaces for brighter images and increased light transmission. Plus, every EdgeHD optical tube is Fastar compatible. Simply remove the secondary mirror and attach a third party lens assembly and you’re ready to image the night sky at ultra-fast f/2.
Customers and reviewers have hailed the CPC Deluxe an all-around top performer, equally well suited to a star party or a university astronomy course. The beefy dual fork arm mount anchors the telescope for ultra-precise tracking, but weighs just 43 lbs and includes rugged carrying handles to make setup quick and easy.
As soon as you turn on your CPC Deluxe HD, you’ll be guided through our simple SkyAlign procedure. The telescope walks you through centering any three bright objects in the eyepiece. From there, it’s ready to locate and track more than 40,000 celestial objects.
To customize your experience under the stars, CPC Deluxe HD is compatible with all of Celestron’s latest accessories. Add StarSense AutoAlign and your CPC will align itself in under 3 minutes. Or add the SkyQ Link 2 WiFi Module and control your telescope using a smartphone or tablet.
With this much versatility, the CPC Deluxe HD is a telescope that will serve you well for years to come, no matter what you choose to do with the hobby—including astroimaging.
Built with Imaging in Mind
Most altazimuth telescopes are designed primarily for visual use, but not the CPC Deluxe HD. It offers all the same high-end features you’ll find on our German equatorial mounts. Out of the box, your CPC Deluxe can track accurately for up to 30 seconds without adding a wedge, thanks to a reengineered drive train with a 6-inch brass gear, stainless steel worm gear, and both steel and nylon ball bearings.
If you’ll be doing longer exposure astrophotography, adding the HD Pro Wedge turns this telescope into an astroimager’s dream setup. With a wedge, you can take advantage of the All Star Polar Alignment procedure, which has you polar aligned in just minutes. You can also train your mount to be even more accurate with Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction. Finally, your CPC tracks smoothly through the meridian without doing a meridian flip, enabling you to capture objects in the best part of the night sky.
|Aperture (mm)||280 mm (11 in)|
|Focal Length||2800 mm (110 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||23 mm (0.91 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||122 x|
|Finderscope||50 mm Finderscope with quick release bracket|
|Star Diagonal||2" w/ 1.25" adapter|
|Mount Type||Dual Fork Arm|
|Accessory Tray||Die Cast Aluminum Leg Brace / Eyepiece holder|
|Tripod||Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Adjustable|
|Power Requirements||Car battery adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||661 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||40 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.7|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.5 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.41 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1600 x|
|Apparent Field of View||0.67 °|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||3.75 in (95 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||34%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||12%|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT Coating|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||97 lbs (44 kg)|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Altazimuth, EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Alignment, Two-star Align, SolarSystem Align, EQ North Align, EQ South Align, One-Star Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Permanently Programmable|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|GPS||Internal 16 channel|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- Knowledgebase Articles
- What are some of the miscellaneous specifications for the CPC Series?
- What is the size of the threading holding the visual back to my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope? Is it the same for all Celestron SCTs?
- How do I wedge align my scope using All-Star polar alignment?
- My Celestron mount is making a high pitched whine or hum even when it’s not moving. Is this a problem?
- Can I control my Celestron GoTo mount with programs like Maxim DL?
- The hand control of my new scope shows the message “Bootloader invalid package 0080” or “Bootloader invalid package 0002”. How can I fix this and make the mount work?
- I’m experiencing motion to the east after slews with my Celestron Alt-Az GoTo mount. Is this backlash, and how do I correct it?
- Is there vignetting with the EdgeHD optics and reducers on a full-frame image sensor?