- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- High quality 130 mm reflector
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
ITEM # 31145
new! Read an in-depth review of the Celestron NexStar 130 SLT by Ian Morison, Jodrell Bank Observatory
The popularity of our NexStar 114 models inspired us to go bigger! We are proud to introduce NexStar 130 SLT. The NexStar 130 SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than our 114mm telescope.
And the 130 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes aligning a breeze.
View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5" primary mirror.
Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Aperture (mm)||130 mm (5.12 in)|
|Focal Length||650 mm (26 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||26 x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm)||9 mm (0.35 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||72 x|
|Mount Type||Motorized Altazimuth|
|Accessory Tray||No Tool, Quick release|
|Highest Useful Magnification||307 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||19 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.1|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.07 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.89 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||345 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1.7 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||91 ft (28 m)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.7 in (43 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||33%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||11%|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align|
|Computer Hand Control||Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- NexStar SLT Series Manual (German)
- NexStar SLT Series Manual (French)
- NexStar SLT Manual (Spanish)
- NexStar SLT Series Manual (Italian)
- Instruction sheet for NexStar Observers List (NSOL) software
- NexStar 130 SLT Quick Setup Guide
- NexStar SLT Series Manual
- NexStar Communication Protocol v 1.2
- Drivers and Software
- Celestron Firmware Manager DOWNLOAD
- Product Info Sheets
- NexStar SLT Info Sheet
- Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Knowledgebase Articles
- My NexStar hand control has firmware version 4.19. Yet when I use the latest NexRemote with my scope, I can only get version 4.16. Is this an issue?
- My SLT mount is moving in the wrong direction when I use the direction arrows at slower slew rates. What is wrong? How can I change the direction of the direction buttons?
- My 114SLT/130SLT telescope gives tilted views when I’m looking at terrestrial (ground) scenes. What’s wrong?
- The SLT hand control has EQ-North and EQ-South listed, but there is not wedge. How can I use the mount equatorially?
- Will a 2 in eyepiece fit my 130SLT?
- How do I program my Nexstar+ hand control?