- Intermediate-level 500x power biological microscope
- 4x, 10x, and 40x objective lenses with 10x and 12.5x eyepieces
- View specimens at 40x, 50x, 100x, 125x, 400x, or 500x magnification
- Fully coated glass optics, all-metal body with monocular head
- Abbe condenser, iris diaphragm, and 110-volt LED illuminator
- Mechanical stage
- Coarse and fine focusing knobs
- Adjustable arm (0° to 60°) for comfortable viewing
- 5 prepared slides included
ITEM # 44104
The Celestron 500x Laboratory Biological Microscope offers today's latest advances, including electric LED lighting that provides bright, natural colors, yet stays cool to the touch. Two included eyepieces (10x and 12.5x) and 3 objective lenses (4x, 10x and 40x) allow for magnifications of 40x, 50x, 100x, 125x, 400x, and 500x.
Strong and stable thanks to its all-metal construction, this microscope features an adjustable, mechanical stage so you can easily center your specimen slides. The 5 included prepared slides guarantee exciting discoveries right out of the box.
The Abbe condenser concentrates and focuses light when using high-power objective lenses. Since these lenses (40x and up) tend to have very small apertures, the condenser combined with an iris diaphragm provides increased illumination and resolution. You can easily adjust brightness, contrast, depth of field, and evenness of illumination on your specimen.
|Magnification (low power)||40 x|
|Magnification (high power)||500 x|
|Included Accessories||5 prepared slides, dust cover|
|Microscope Head||Angle choice from 0° to 60°|
|Objective Nosepiece||Triple with click stop|
|Objective Lense Diameter||3 achromatic - 4x, 10x, 40x|
|Eyepiece 1 Magnification||10x - 12 mm field of view|
|Eyepiece 2 Magnification||12.5x - 10 mm field of view|
|Condenser Lens||Abbe, N.A. 1.25|
|Stage||Mechanical stage with spring loaded clips - 115 mm x 125 mm|
|Dimensions||254 mm x 382 mm x 203 mm (10 in x 15 in x 8 in)|
|Weight||5.62 lbs, 2.56 kg|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- Microscope Basics
- Microscope Manual (44100, 44102, 44104, 44106) - English, Spanish, French, German
- Knowledgebase Articles
- What is bright-field illumination? How is it different from dark-field illumination?
- What is the resolution of my microscope in microns and image scale in microns per pixel?
- Which microscope is best for getting pictures of a whole stamp or coin for my collection records?
- Where can I find images taken with Celestron microscopes?
- What do the abbreviations like wm, cs, and ls mean in descriptions of microscope slide specimens?
- What is the field of view on my Celestron optical microscope?