- High quality 6" reflector
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Rack and Pinion Focuser - 1-1/4"
- Heavy Duty (CG-5GT) computerized German Equatorial mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" diameter steel tripod with accessory tray
- “The SkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
ITEM # 31054
The popular 6" Newtonian in the Advanced series is now available on our heavy-duty CG-5 computerized mount. The C6-NGT Newtonian scope uses diffraction-limited parabolic primary mirror for razor sharp star images across a wide field of view. The optics of these heavyduty telescopes are manufactured to Celestron's uncompromising standards with star images that are classic textbook Airy disks.
Mounted on the Advanced GT Series computerized mount, this telescope has some high performance software and hardware features. Operated by our proven NexStar® computer control technology, the telescope has a 40,000+ object database with 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects. Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms.
Using the RS-232 communication port on the hand control, you can control the telescope via a personal computer, and our new flash upgradeable hand control allow you to update your telescope's operating software via the Internet. An Autoguider port is also included for astrophotography. No matter at what level you are starting out, this precision instrument will satisfy your needs both visually and photographically.
CG-5 Mount - Precision engineered for stability
Our new German Equatorial mount has precision worm gears on both axes for extremely smooth stability. The key element that makes this system the most stable in its class is the NEW heavy-duty tripod with larger and more substantial legs that offer excellent damping characteristics for more stable views. The CG-5 also has a convenient latitude scale for easier alignment and an optional polar finder scope for the ultimate in precision alignments.
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Aperture (mm)||150 mm (5.91 in)|
|Focal Length||750 mm (30 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||38 x|
|Mount Type||CG-5 Equatorial|
|Tripod||2 inch Stainless Steel|
|Power Requirements||Car Battery Adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||459 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1.3 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||68 ft (21 m)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.75 in (44 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||30%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||8.78%|
|Optical Tube Length||27 in (686 mm)|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||54 lbs (24 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1-7 lbs, 1-4 lbs|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||AutoAlign, 2-Star Alignment, Quick Align|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- Addendum to the Advanced GT mount manual (firmware v.4.10)
- Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- NexStar Communication Protocol v 1.2
- Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Knowledgebase Articles
- How do I collimate my telescope by using the stars?
- I upgraded-reflashed my Advanced GT hand control and now I’m not getting the control functions for my mount, but for another mount. What happened? How can this be fixed?
- How do I use the RA and Dec vernier scales on my Advanced GT (AS-GT) mount’s setting circles?
- My Advanced GT mount is moving in the wrong direction when I use the direction arrows. What is wrong? How can I change the direction of the direction buttons?
- How do I set RA limits for my Advanced GT Mount?
- Can I use PEC with the Advanced Series GT Mount?
- What is the wiring diagram for the Advanced GT’s dec cable?