The Advanced Series family of computerized GoTo telescopes was designed to offer the novice or more advanced user a selection of models with the features and quality that serious amateurs can appreciate. These scopes come on heavy-duty computerized German Equatorial mounts with ultra-sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and center tray for superior rigidity and vibration dampening.
GoTo convenience and GPS compatibility for precision accuracy
We are proud to offer the GT versions of the Advanced Series on a computerized GoTo version of Celestron's sturdy CG-5 mount. Coupled with the computerized control system it utilizes many of the same functions and features of our most advanced computerized systems -- like the NexStar computer control system and an Autoguider port for long exposure deep sky astrophotography-as Celestron's most advanced GoTo telescopes. Advanced Computerized models are also upgradeable to GPS with the optional SkySync GPS Accessory (#93969) allowing your telescope to pinpoint your position on the Earth, the date and time, making the alignment process faster and easier than ever before!
These GoTo versions of the Advanced Series also come loaded with new software features and over 40,000 database objects. Capable of holding over 35 lbs of payload and slewing at 4º per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
The Advanced GT Series telescopes include these high performance features:
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (#93969)
- Proven NexStar® computer control technology
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- 40,000+ object database with 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar system objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- The CG-5 GT computerized mount features Celestron’s sleek integrated design