- Fully Automatic Alignment Procedure
- Fully Computerized Altazimuth Mount
- Quick-Release Fork Arm Mount and Optical Tube for Easy, Quick No Tool Set Up
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray
- Battery pack providing over 30 hours of power with user supplied 8 x D Cell batteries
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven Computer Control Technology
- Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects
- Proprietary StarSense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process with No User Intervention Required
- Flash Upgradeable Hand Control Software for Downloading Product Updates Over the Internet
ITEM # 22091
THE SMARTEST TELESCOPE IN THE UNIVERSE!
A truly revolutionary product with ground breaking technology, SkyProdigy™ is the product of a culmination of decades of telescope advancements. It combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSense™ technology to create an automatic, instant alignment telescope that requires no input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It’s that easy.
The SkyProdigy’s automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, then you will be ready to select from thousands of objects to view. Not sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
No knowledge of the night sky is required. One touch innovation turns anyone into an instant astronomer!
Celestron’s SkyProdigy telescopes use an integrated imaging camera and patented StarSense Technology to automatically align with the night sky and determine where the telescope is currently pointing. The camera automatically captures an image of the sky, which is processed internally to positively identify the stars in the image. Once a positive match is found, SkyProdigy determines the coordinates of the center of the captured image. The process is automatically repeated two more times so that the system has three known alignment points that can be used to make an accurate model of the night sky. From this information the user can select any celestial object in the hand controller’s database, and SkyProdigy will automatically move itself to the correct position.
*The SkyProdigy’s internal camera does not have an external output allowing users to view or save the captured images. The captured images are used internally solely for the purpose of self-aligning the SkyProdigy telescope.
|Aperture (mm)||90 mm (3.54 in)|
|Focal Length||1250 mm (49 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||50 x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm)||9 mm (0.35 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||139 x|
|Mount Type||Motorized Altazimuth|
|Accessory Tray||No Tool, Quick release|
|Highest Useful Magnification||213 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||13 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.3|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.55 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.29 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||165 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||53.5 ft (16 m)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.1 in (28 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||31%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||9.64%|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Alignment Procedures||StarSense Automatic Alignment, Solar System Align, Manual Align|
|Computer Hand Control||Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- SkyProdigy Info Sheet
- SkyProdigy Series Manual (English)
- SkyProdigy Series Manual (French)
- SkyProdigy Series Manual (German)
- SkyProdigy Series Manual (Italian)
- SkyProdigy Series Manual (Spanish)
- Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Knowledgebase Articles
- Will the SkyProdigy's StarSense work in urban areas with light pollution?
- Can the SkyProdigy mount be used with other telescope optical tube assemblies (OTAs)?
- Why can’t I find the moon and planets with my SkyProdigy?
- Does SkyProdigy work with SkyQ Link?
- Why is the Sky Tour button on my hand control not working when I want to see Best of Tonight?