OVERVIEWIdentifies celestial objects with the click of a button Locates over 50,000 stars, planets and constellations from built-in cele...
ITEM # 93970
- Identifies celestial objects with the click of a button
- Locates over 50,000 stars, planets and constellations from built-in celestial database and provides scientific information for each object (requires free update to firmware to version 1.3)
- Provides comprehensive text and audio descriptions providing history, mythology and other entertaining information for the most popular objects
- Tonight's Highlights: A customized list of the 20 best objects to view for your exact date, time and location anywhere in the world
- Constellation Lessons: If the star you identify or locate is part of a constellation or an asterism like the Big Dipper, you can actually take a guided tour through all the stars in that constellation and even see an onscreen map of the constellation
- Built-in Field Guide Includes:
- Introduction to astronomy: a six part audio lesson on the origin and history of astronomy
- Glossary of Terms: text defining popular astronomy terms including planets, comets, galaxies and more
- Great Astronomers: text bios on some of the world's greatest astronomers including Galileo, Einstein and Copernicus
- Man Made Space Objects: text description of some of the coolest objects man has sent into space including the International Space Station, the Hubble SpaceTelescope and the Space Shuttle
- Comet Guide: text descriptions about history's most famous comets including Halley's Comet and Comet Hale-Bop
- SD card slot: for optional “SkyScout Expansion Cards” audio presentations that provide hours of entertainment on a variety of topics
- USB port: allows database to be updated with new objects as they are discovered, comets, etc.
- Simple enough for all ages: just turn it on and it's ready to use
- Built-in Help Menu: includes a quick start instruction guide for using the SkyScout
- Bring it anywhere: compact and light design makes it easy to carry and durable construction makes it safe for rugged environments
- Backed by Celestron's 2-year warranty
- Over 50,000 Stars, 1,500 Double and Variable Stars, all 88 constellations, over 100 deep space objects including Galaxies, Nebulae and Star Clusters, over 200 audio descriptions of the most popular celestial objects
- Target Button
- Menu Navigation: Four-way control
- One-Touch Controls: Identify Function, Locate Function, GPS Function, and Main Menu
- Display Brightness: Increase, Decrease
- Volume: Increase, Decrease
- Power: On/Off
- Graphic LCD display with red LED backlight
- 3"W x 1"H (78 mm x 26 mm)
- 240 x 80 with a 0.325 mm dot pitch
- Maximum output power: 50mW
- Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
Inputs and Outputs
- SD card slot
- USB for connection to PC
- 3.5 mm stereo jack for headphones
- Earbud-style headphones included
- Download of new celestial objects (including newly
discovered comets, etc.)
- Download of firmware upgrades
Size and Weight
- Height: 2.5 inches
- Depth: 4.0 inches
- Width: 7.4 inches
- Weight: 15.2 ounces (without batteries)
Power and Battery
- 2 x 1.5 V AA batteries (not included)
Note: specifications subject to change without notice
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- Knowledgebase Articles
- Why does my SkyScout display error message about magnetic fields from my location?
- How does SkyScout work?
- Where can I find out more information on the latest SkyScout Updates?
- How do I install the SkyScout drivers and update software for my Windows 7 32-bit operating system?
- SkyScout Manual
- SkyScout Quick Setup Guide
- SkyScout Update Application (1.0.20) - ENGLISH
- SkyScout USB Drivers
- Italian To Spanish Fix
- SkyScout Update Application (1.0.20) - French
- SkyScout Update Application (1.0.20) - German
- SkyScout Update Application (1.0.20) - Italian
- SkyScout Update Application (1.0.20) - Spanish
- SkyScout Manual (Chinese)
- SkyScout Manual (Japanese)
- SkyScout Manual (Russian)
- Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- SkyScout Info Sheet
- SkyScout Technology Info Sheet
- SkyScout Access Info Sheet