- High quality 10" Dobsonian reflector
- Built-in fan to decrease cooling time
- BK7 optical quality glass for clear, sharp views
- Roller track bearing on azimuth surface provides dozens of support points for smooth swivel motion
- Variable tension clutch system for proper balance and smooth control in both altitude and azimuth
- Includes 2" 32 mm E-Lux eyepiece for wide field observing
- 9x50 finderscope for accurately locating objects
- Standard 2" focuser and 1.25" adapter
ITEM # 10110
Providing a serious 10" aperture for a great value, this Dobsonian telescope features optical quality BK-7 glass, the same high-quality glass used in most binocular prisms and refractor telescope lenses. It uses a roller track bearing on the azimuth surface providing dozens of support points for smooth swivel motion and a variable tension clutch system for proper balance and control in both altitude and azimuth.
This 10" StarHopper has cooling fan built-in to the rear cell to decrease cooling times and comes standard with a 2" focuser, a 32mm 2" eyepiece and 1.25" adapter.
|Aperture (mm)||254 mm (10 in)|
|Focal Length||1270 mm (50 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||32 mm (1.26 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||40 x|
|Highest Useful Magnification||600 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||36 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.5|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.55 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.46 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1317 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||53 ft (16 m)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||2.5 in (64 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||25%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||6.25%|
|Optical Tube Length||48 in (1219 mm)|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||65 lbs (29 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Star Hopper Series Manual
- Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Knowledgebase Articles
- Glossary of Terms
- What does magnitude mean?
- What are diffraction-limited optics?
- Which scope aperture is best for different kinds of objects?
- What is back focus? What problems does it cause for visual and photographic use of my scope? What are related focus issues?
- Why won’t my erect image eyepiece or diagonal always give right side up images with my scope?
- What is a star party? Where can I find information on star parties around my area?