Celestron Firmware Manager (CFM) replaces HCupdate for NexStar+ and StarSense hand controls. CFM requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 7.
To download JAVA please visit: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html or http://java.com.
Detailed instructions are located in the ReadMe file included in the archive. Also included in the archive is a connection diagram which might be useful for first time users.
- Download the archive (.zip) file.
- Extract the archive.
- Run the program called CFM.jar.
- Click the Update button.
November 7th 2013 Release
- Fixed Calibrate Center operation bug that caused alignment failures.
- Calibrate Center feature when used with Alt-Az mounts no longer requires cycling power before performing a new StarSense Auto align.
- Hibernate is now working.
- Lockups no longer occur when GPS signal is blocked.
- Quick Align feature restored.
- New: User Profiles, allows camera center calibration and custom settings (such as backlash) to be saved on multiple telescopes. Profiles can be accessed from MENU->Hand Control->User Profiles to either SAVE or LOAD from one of three user profiles.
- Pressing '0' on a power-up, will flag for a full factory reset -- all profiles are deleted. Going through the HC for a "Restore Defaults" will only reset the current profile to defaults (including camera).
- Hibernate on quick-align has been disabled
- Reduced startup time.
- Wake-up on Hibernate no longer hangs at the “synchronizing” step while GPS is linking.
- Fixed other bugs that might have caused lock ups or strange slews.
- All-Star Polar Align does not work.
- Alignment with wedge does not work.
- Southern Hemisphere usage has known bugs.
- IC object database is missing.
- After performing a factory reset, telescopes with RTC should have the correct time entered into the Time/Location settings, accessible from MENU, Time and Location, View / Modify Time
- Problems reported with some Advanced GT Mounts