UPDATING YOUR SKYSCOUT
The SkyScout includes a USB cable and built-in USB port to allow you to update the software and database as future versions are released. To update the SkyScout module you will need the following:
Before you can update your SkyScout you must first install the USB drivers and the SkyScout Update Program included on the SkyScout Companion CD.
SkyScout Personal Planetarium
Connection to the Internet
SkyScout Update Programmer software (Windows only)
Installing the USB drivers
1. Use the included USB cable to connect the SkyScout to your computer.
2. Power on the SkyScout.
3. Once on, your computer should recognize the SkyScout as a new device.
4. Insert the SkyScout CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive.
5. Select the option "Install the software automatically".
6. Press the Next button to continue.
7. Once the drivers have been successfully installed, press Finish to complete.
Installing SkyScout Update Program
1. Insert the SkyScout CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive.
2. An interactive menu should appear on your computer screen.
a) If CD-ROM does not auto launch then double click on "My Computer".
b) Double click on the drive that contains the CD-ROM.
c) Then launch the program "StartMe.exe".
2. When the opening screen appears, select Install SkyScout Update Program.
3. This will launch the installation wizard guiding you through program setup.
4. Once installed, click the icon on your desktop to start the program.
5. Press the Help button on the SkyScout interface screen.
Follow the on-screen instructions for updating both the SkyScout firmware and the SkyScout Update Program.