These microscopes act just like external drives such as a flash USB memory or a digital camera.
Here’s the procedure for getting the image files:
- Turn on your Mac and let it fully boot.
- Plug in the microscope to AC power.
- Plug in the USB cable to the Mac.
- Plug in the USB cable to the microscope. The USB icon will appear on the microscope first. Then, after 10-30 seconds, a drive icon will appear on the Mac’s desktop.
- Clicking on the drive icon will reveal Picture and Video folders. The individual pictures and videos can then be opened with apps on your Mac and copied to the Mac’s hard drive.