CPC Deluxe HD Computerized Telescopes
The wait is over! Celestron's award-winning EdgeHD optical system is now available on a newly designed top-of-the-line dual fork arm computerized mount - The CPC Deluxe HD. Available in 8", 9.25" and 11" models, the CPC Deluxe HD telescope line re-defines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for - ease of use, quick and simple GPS alignment, improved ergonomics, enhanced computerization, unsurpassed optical quality and most importantly, affordability.
As a visual instrument, the EdgeHD optical system delivers pinpoint images across your widest field eyepiece, providing you stunning clarity and sharpness that will leave you wanting more. When used for astrophotography with our new Nightscape or your own favorite CCD or DSLR camera, the EdgeHD optical system produces a flat focal plane allowing pinpoint stars to the very edge of your image.
As an added bonus, all EdgeHD optical tubes feature a removable secondary mirror (Fastar) for ultra-fast f/2 CCD imaging. Add Celestron's HD Pro Wedge, Guidescope Package, NexGuide Autoguider, T-Adapter and Nightscape CCD camera, and you have the ultimate imaging setup with the convenience of a dual fork arm and unparalleled optical system. Own this premier telescope line today, and it will surely keep you up all night.Learn More »
- EdgeHD Optics for aberration free images across a wide field of view.
- Mirror locks hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
- Tube vents have an integrated 60 micron micro-mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Fastar versatility. All EdgeHD optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10, but also yields a field of view five times wider. A perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time.
- Re-engineered drive train with a larger 5.78 inch, 180 tooth brass gear and .75" stainless steel worm gear designed for smoother tracking accuracy.
- At the heart of Celestron's EdgeHD focus mechanism are pre-loaded ball bearings, not bushings, minimizing focus shift.
- Heavy-duty die cast aluminum fork arms, for maximum rigidity and easy imaging through the meridian.
- Unique roller bearing design with both steel and nylon ball bearings rotating around a wide 9.8 track for maximum stability; especially important when equatorially mounted for imaging.
- All-Star™ Polar alignment procedure. Coupled with Celestron's optional Pro Wedge, All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment.
- Autoguider port for interfacing an autoguider or a drive corrector for long exposure imaging.
- StarBright XLT high quality multi-layer coatings maximize transmission of light to the image plane.
*FASTAR imaging requires a third party lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror. Celestron's new CPC Deluxe HD Series with revolutionary SkyAlign Alignment Technology re-defines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for quick and simple alignment, GPS, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of set-up and use, ergonomics, enhanced computerization and, most important, affordability.
Item # 11007$2,399.00