May 18, 2023
Who are we? Celestron is a leader and manufacturer of optical telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars in Torrance, CA. Our telescopes and mounts are used in universities, governmental space programs, and by amateur astronomers around the world.
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives worldwide, and we are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiasts through our innovative products.
Our company has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our night shift team as an Assembly Technician focusing on product testing and inspection.
Our company prides itself on producing high-quality products that exceed our customers' expectations. As an Assembly Technician, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our products meet the highest standards of quality and reliability. You will assemble and test a wide range of products, using your mechanical aptitude and attention to detail to ensure that every product meets our rigorous quality standards.
But we're not just looking for someone who can assemble products - we're looking for someone who is passionate about quality and is committed to delivering excellence in everything they do. As an Assembly Technician, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of dedicated professionals who share your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
Celestron has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan. We also provide the following:
- Employee discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Holiday lunches and BBQs on the house
- Flex schedule for hourly employees
- Local and national discounts
- Quarterly and monthly Operations incentives
- Occasional, leave early days
- Employee swag
What you will do:
- Assemble and test products to ensure they meet the required specifications.
- Inspect products for defects or quality issues and take corrective action as necessary.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise during the assembly and testing process.
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to ensure consistent and accurate results.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of testing and inspection results.
- Communicate any issues or concerns to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
What you will bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Familiarity with quality control processes and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work night shifts.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Able to lift heavy telescopes weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.