Assistant Information Systems Manager
June 23, 2021
Celestron has been the leading manufacturer of telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, and other accessories for over 60 years. Over the last two decades, we have been designing and manufacturing computerized telescopes and other unique amateur astronomy equipment. We are currently looking for an energetic and motivated individual to fill a full-time Systems Administrator position in our IT Department.
General Job Description
Celestron is seeking a qualified Systems Administrator with extensive knowledge of Information technologies and systems. The candidate will oversee n-premise and cloud-based licensing and services. Will also liaison and manage the relationship between US and UK MSPs. Will provide end-user support as needed. Will set up new servers and network equipment as required. Will interface with management and other employees regularly.
- A Solid Knowledge of Windows Servers and Desktop Operating Systems is Required
- Ability to Perform Routine System Upgrades, Including Servers, Endpoints, and Network Devices
- Knowledge of VMWare and Hyper-V Environments
- Monitor Performance, Stress and Load Tests on Servers and Network
- Manage Data Security and Reliability, Including backup and restore operations.
- Experience with Mitel Phone Systems is a Plus
- Good Communication Skills
Ideal Candidates will have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in information systems-related technologies. Candidates must have the ability to communicate technical ideas to everyday users and to work autonomously. Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks are desirable qualities.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Salary Range: $ 80,000-$90,000
Celestron offers competitive salary and benefits (90% paid HMO insurance, 401K matching program, life insurance, etc.). Please include salary requirements