Building and Warehouse Support Representative
June 21, 2021
Who are we? Celestron is a leader and manufacturer of optical telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars located in Torrance, CA. Our telescopes and mounts are used in universities, governmental space programs, and by amateur astronomers around the world.
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives around the world, and we are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiast through our innovative products.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Facilities Department. This is an exciting position that allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We have had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Celestron has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan. We also offer:
- Employee discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Holiday lunches and BBQs on the house
- Celestron branded swag
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
- Car Wash Service
- Department trips and outings
What you will do:
- Handle all day-to-day facilities issues that might arise including maintenance and light repairs of the building, and grounds.
- Painting internal and external areas of the buildings.
- Clean, sanitize, and supply designated building areas including but not limited to dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning restrooms, etc.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms.
- Report to Facilities Manager for issues.
- General warehousing tasks including, but not limited to receiving, shipping, and inventory control.
What you will bring to the table:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Courteous, professional, and outgoing personality.
- Ability to master valuable product knowledge through reading, training, and use of equipment.
- Enjoying problem solving and helping people.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Know how to work independently and can work overtime when required.
- Motivated, responsible, and willing to work in a team environment and share information.
- Able to safely lift and move objects up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Knowledge of general maintenance and repair a plus.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may fax your résumé to: 310-328-4061. No phone calls please.