Customer/Dealer Support Supervisor
April 6, 2022
Who are we? Celestron is a leader and manufacturer of optical telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars located in Torrance, CA. Our telescopes and mounts are used in universities, governmental space programs, and by amateur astronomers around the world.
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives around the world and we are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiasts through our innovative products.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Celestron Support Department. This is an exciting position that allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We have had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Celestron has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan.
We also offer:
- Employee discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Flex schedule for hourly employees
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
What you will do:
- Responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operations of the department are completed within the established service levels and on par with providing exceptional customer service.
- Develops and trains direct reports, including writing performance evaluations and establishing performance goals.
- Handles customer escalations and serves as the direct point person for escalated matters to support our Dealers and Sales Team.
- Responsible for completing department reports and attending required meetings.
- Effectively communicates customer and department concerns to the appropriate channels and makes recommendations for process improvements, as necessary.
- Responsible for managing the overtime and staffing of the department.
- Serves as the primary point person within the department to assist Support Representatives with questions, work prioritization and assistance with completing necessary work.
- Act as the liaison between the Celestron Support Department and the Distribution Center to ensure orders are fulfilled and prioritized as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Assist in reviewing vendor manuals and monitoring special retail program orders to ship as needed.
What you will bring to the table:
- Must be customer oriented with effective comprehension, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to easily and effectively multi-task with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be a highly motivated and productive self-starter that can monitor and evaluate the Celestron Support activities on a real-time basis, whether the team is in-house or working remotely.
- A professional with excellent communication skills, highly confident and goal oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic, positive, and enthusiastic. Must have the ability to work well in a high-volume production environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and problem solve independently.
- Must display a high level of efficiency by prioritizing tasks.
- Must have strong PC skills and be a proficient typist.
- Must have the ability to diffuse escalated calls and work under pressure to ensure department goals are met.
- 2+ year’s customer service supervisor experience or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook a must.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may fax your résumé to: 310-328-4061. No phone calls please.