December 1, 2020
Leading manufacturer and distributor of innovative consumer products is seeking an experienced Designer to join its busy and fast paced Marketing Department. This position will be responsible for visual materials, and content to be used in videos, digital media platforms, print media, retail stores, and trade show displays. This person ensures that every project’s layout and design follows industry best practices and production standards while communicating Celestron’s brand identity. The Graphic Designer creates and executes design solutions and collateral used for marketing, advertising, sales, and other forms of communication. The candidate will report to the Creative Director in all initiatives requiring graphic design, product, lifestyle and video shoots. Join us and be a key contributor to our company’s growth by effectively and creatively communicating product features/benefits across all media.
- Responsible for the design development and execution of a wide range of collateral projects and multi-component merchandising programs, both independently and as a member of a team, from concept to completion.
- An integral part of the marketing team, providing creative input and ideas — designs and produces sales and marketing materials that help to achieve the goals and objectives of the Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams and have a positive effect on the Company’s growth and success.
- Participates in and contributes to brainstorming sessions. Consistently use sense of creativity, foresight and good design judgment in developing and applying marketplace trends (e.g. competitive graphics, styles, fashion, lifestyles, etc.) in all marketing material.
- Translates product, company, and industry market research data and recommendations into effective graphic communication strategies.
- Assists in the design development of new product packaging concepts with a strong focus on mass markets.
- Creates content for all aspects of advertising (print and digital), product packaging, digital platforms, and videos for assigned products, programs and initiatives to ensure brand consistency.
- Develops branding concepts for use on product identification, packaging, promotional materials, website and other marketing materials.
- In-house photography of products and products in use. Assists with product and lifestyle photo shoots and video shoots.
- Strong conceptual, layout, and design skills.
- Exceptional packaging design skills, familiarity with package design and manufacturing methods, i.e. chipboard, corrugated, clamshell, blister, etc.
- Ability to translate a passion for design and communication excellence into mature, distinctive, and impactful sales and marketing materials with an emphasis on mass markets and retail.
- Ability to design and develop concepts to tight objectives and deadlines.
- Must keep up on industry related trends in design.
- Photography experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Thoroughly familiar with production methods and requirements for outputting all categories of sales and marketing materials. Hands-on experience in color proofing, printing, and press checks.
- Responsible for handing off correctly formatted digital files, color examples and collateral for each project along with tracking the project to ensure it is completed within the department deadline. Documentation support for graphic projects will be a necessity.
- Research retail — look for exciting new trends; bring a fresh approach to established graphic standards.
- Proficiency in copywriting, proofreading & editing.
- Ability to create an organized, efficient work environment.
- Videography editing and filming skills a plus or willing to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- 2 – 5 years design production experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates creativity and sophisticated design/marketing concepts and solutions with a strong emphasis on mass markets and retail packaging design.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Familiarity with Dreamweaver, Flash, GoLive and other web design and programming programs a plus.
- Proficiency in Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Fully understands the pre-press production process including knowledge of graphic/image preparation for print and web.
- Extremely well organized, creative person who is detail oriented, a highly motivated self-starter, with a mature outlook and sound judgment.
- Excellent time management skills. Able to juggle multiple tasks and aggressive daily deadlines with minimal supervision and has an extraordinary attention to process and detail.
- Must have positive attitude and ability to work alone and cooperatively within a team.
- Must be skilled in oral and written communication, English grammar, word usage, and proofreading.
Please email your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL OF THESE ITEMS ARE NECESSARY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.