September 10, 2018
Celestron has been the leading manufacturer of telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars and other accessories for more than fifty years. Over the last two decades, we have been designing and manufacturing computerized telescopes and other unique amateur astronomy equipment, such as our award-winning SkyProdigy. We are currently looking for an energetic and motivated individual to fill a full time position in our Logistics Department. This individual should have a willingness to learn and the ability to think on his/her feet.
- Negotiate, route, and book international and domestic shipments.
- Coordinate and monitor all scheduled inbound and outbound shipments.
- Receive customer service calls from all clients.
- Complete all relevant shipping documents that may include Master Air Waybill/Bill of Lading, Export declaration, Certificate of Origin, to name a few.
- Alert Shipping on shipment details and any special instructions.
- Ensure that all customer guidelines are followed to reduce chargebacks.
- Ensure customers are being communicated with regularly to ensure they are aware of the latest shipment status.
- Recognizing potential problems with delivery schedules to expediting orders as needed.
- Familiarizing his/her self with the product line.
- Coordinating moves with warehouse and support staff.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to coordinate vendor payments and new vendor set-up
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service/operations experience.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding and international shipments, big box retailer’s.
- Knowledge of working with 3PL’s, Vendor Portal’s, EDI shipments & transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, grammar, and proofreading are a must.
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers strongly preferred.
- A courteous and outgoing personality.
- Detail oriented and ability to remain organized with multiple ongoing projects
- Strong Knowledge of Trucking industry.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be willing to work Overtime as needed
- A Team Player is a must!
Celestron offers a competitive salary, medical benefits package, and 401k plan.
Resumes submitted without a salary history will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Email: email@example.com or fax to (310) 328-4061.