June 17, 2020
Who are we? Celestron is a leader and manufacturer of optical telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars located in Torrance, CA. Our telescopes and mounts are used in universities, governmental space programs, and by amateur astronomers around the world.
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives around the world and we are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiast through our innovative products.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Logistics Department. This is an exciting position that allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We’ve had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Celestron has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan. We also offer:
- Employee discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Holiday lunches and BBQs on the house
- Flex schedule for hourly employees
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
- Car Wash Service
- Departmental trips and outings
What you will do:
- Negotiate, route, and book international and domestic shipments.
- Coordinate and monitor all scheduled inbound / outbound shipments, inventory transfers, and other transactions.
- Manage documents including but not limited to Bill of Ladings, Export declarations, and Certificate of Origins.
- Regularly communicate and coordinate shipment details and any special instructions.
- Ensure that all customer & vendor guidelines are followed to prevent chargebacks.
- Ensure customers are being communicated with regularly to ensure they are aware of the latest shipment status.
- Recognize potential problems with delivery schedules, address any issues, and expedite orders as needed.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to coordinate vendor payments and new vendor set-up
What you will bring to the table:
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service/operations experience.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding and international shipments, preferably with big box retailers.
- Knowledge of working with 3PL’s, Vendor Portal’s, EDI shipment & transaction processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers strongly preferred.
- A courteous and outgoing personality.
- Detail oriented and ability to remain organized with multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong Knowledge of Trucking industry.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
What are the Physical Demands and Work Environment?
- Standing: .25 hours at one time. 5 hours during a regular work day.
- Sitting: 2 at one time. 6 hours during a regular work day.
- Walking: .1 hours at one time. .5 hours during a regular work day.
- Lifting/Carrying: Continuous up to 5 pounds. Occasionally up to 55 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed in an office inside of our warehouse. Employees are regularly exposed to moving vehicles and loud noise.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and to email@example.com. You may fax your résumé to: 310-328-4061. No phone calls please.