Quality Assurance Technician
September 10, 2018
Who are we? Celestron is a leader and manufacturer of optical telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars located in Torrance, CA. Our telescopes and mounts are used in universities, governmental space programs, and by amateur astronomers around the world.
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives around the world and we are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiast through our innovative products.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Quality Assurance Department. This is an exciting position that allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We’ve had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Celestron has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan. We also offer:
- Employee discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Free Friday Snack Days
- Holiday lunches and BBQs on the house
- Flex schedule for hourly employees
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
- Car Wash Service
- Departmental trips and outings
- After-work sports teams
What you will do:
Inspect and test new incoming items and outgoing customer orders to ensure products meet Celestron standards using visual, mechanical, laser, optical, and/or electronic measurements.
- Perform dealer and distributor inspection audits as requested by QA Management.
- Communicate and highlight quality issues encountered during inspections and audits.
- Oversee and monitor special in house manufacturing projects.
- Work with our Technical Support, Repair Product Development, and Engineering Teams to identify and report ongoing technical and/or mechanical issues with our products for long term resolutions.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional continuous improvements projects.
- Perform other relevant or operational duties as required.
What you will bring to the table:
- Strong electrical, mechanical, and organizational skills.
- Have a “Can-Do” attitude.
- Be self-motivated, responsible, and willing to adapt to a team environment.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Work daily, weekend and seasonal overtime as required.
- Able to lift heavy telescopes weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Having a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is a plus.
What are the Physical Demands and Work Environment?
- Standing: 2 hours at one time. 6 hours during a regular work day.
- Sitting: .25 at one time. 5 hours during a regular work day.
- Walking: .1 hours at one time. .5 hours during a regular work day.
- Lifting/Carrying: Continuous up to 5 pounds. Frequently up to 55 pounds. Occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed in a warehouse. Employees are regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and to email@example.com. You may fax your résumé to: 310-328-4061. No phone calls please.