August 30, 2018
Celestron is a leading manufacturer of optical telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars. We are currently looking for an energetic, motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time repair position in our Repair Department. The Telescope Repair Technician performs a full range of maintenance and repair activities on our products.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and identify problems associated with telescope mounts, optical tubes, binoculars, and spotting scopes.
- Must be able to replace or repair defective components found in our products within our standard process time.
- Technician must have good customer service skills.
- Perform inspection to validate the operational functionality of our products before and after repair.
- Maintain accurate records, reports, and logs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong mechanical and electronic skills with the ability to repair our products.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong organizational and communication skills including good verbal, writing, and customer interaction skills.
- Ability to proactively plan repairs and manage services to maximize productivity.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be motivated, responsible, and willing to work in team environment.
- Prior assembly skills, a plus.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Heavy lifting up to 75 pounds, if necessary.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.
Celestron offers a competitive salary, medical and dental benefits package, and a 401K plan. Celestron has a casual work environment with growth potential for employees with exceptional performance.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may fax your résumé to: 310-328-4061. No phone calls please.