Repair Technician (Celestron)
September 17, 2021
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives around the world. We are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiasts through our innovative products.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Repair Department. This is an exciting position that allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross-functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We’ve had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Celestron has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan.
We also offer:
- Employee discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Holiday lunches and BBQs on the house
- Flex schedule for hourly employees
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
- Car Wash Service
- Department trips and outings
What you will do:
- Tune-up, troubleshoot, and identify concerns with various products.
- Perform a wide variety of repairs ranging from routine maintenance of EQ / ALT-AZ mounts to precision realignment of high-end telescopes.
- Perform final inspections and in-house field tests to validate the operational functionality of each product before shipping.
- Provide exceptional customer service by maintaining the various repair queues below set benchmarks.
- Communicate directly with our customers via e-mail providing feedback and status updates.
- Work with Tech Support, QA, and Engineering Departments to identify and report ongoing mechanical/technical issues with our products for long term resolutions.
- Occasional work along-side our Engineers, Sales, and Marketing teams to promote our brand at star parties and industry events.
What you will bring to the table:
- Experience repairing cars, televisions, radios, telescopes, or similar equipment a plus.
- Strong electrical and mechanical skills.
- A heavy dose of troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) a plus.
- Ability to proactively plan repairs and manage services to maximize productivity.
- Know how to work independently and can work overtime when required.
- Motivated, responsible, and willing to work in a team environment.
- Able to lift heavy telescopes weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must have excellent customer service skills. Our customers are passionate about astronomy and have been known to drive for miles to have their telescope repaired.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may fax your résumé to 310-328-4061. No phone calls, please.