Repair Technician (Sky-Watcher USA)
September 17, 2021
What do we do? We build and distribute high-quality and affordable telescopes for everyone.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Repair Department. This exciting position allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross-functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We’ve had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Sky-Watcher USA has more to offer than the usual competitive salary, medical, dental, and vision benefit packets, and a 401K plan.
We also offer:
- Product discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Company branded swag
- Snacks and meals on the house
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
- Employee lounge room
What you will do:
- Tune-up, test, calibrate, and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and limited electronic component issues on various telescopes and related equipment.
- Perform a wide variety of repairs ranging from routine maintenance of AZ-EQ mounts to precision realignment of high-end telescopes.
- Perform final inspections and in-house field tests to validate the operational functionality of each product before shipping.
- Ensure tools and equipment are calibrated and in working condition.
- Provide exceptional customer service by maintaining the various repair queues below the set benchmarks.
- Communicate directly with customers via e-mail providing feedback and status updates.
What you will bring to the table:
- Electrically and mechanical background a plus.
- Strong electrical and mechanical skills.
- A heavy dose of troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) a plus.
- Ability to proactively plan repairs and manage services to maximize productivity.
- Know how to work independently and can work overtime when required.
- Motivated, responsible, and willing to work in a team environment.
- Able to lift heavy telescopes weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must have excellent customer service skills. Our customers are passionate about astronomy and are known to drive for miles to have their telescope repaired.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may fax your résumé to 310-328-4061. No phone calls, please.