RETURNS WAREHOUSE INSPECTOR AND RECEIVING CLERK
July 10, 2019
Who are we? Celestron is a leader and manufacturer of optical telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars located in Torrance, CA. Our telescopes and mounts are used in universities, governmental space programs, and by amateur astronomers around the world.
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives around the world and we are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiast through our innovative products.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Returns Department. This is an exciting position that allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We’ve had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Celestron has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan. We also offer:
- Employee discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Free Friday Snack Days
- Holiday lunches and BBQs on the house
- Flex schedule for hourly employees
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
- Car Wash Service
- Departmental trips and outings
- After-work sports teams
What you will be doing
- Receive product deliveries including unloading trucks or containers, if necessary.
- Maintains all receiving reports and logs.
- Inspects, accepts, or rejects inbound shipments.
- Properly inputs received material into computer system and forwards proper documentation to appropriate internal departments.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and managers.
- Maintains a safe working environment according to all department procedures, federal, and state regulations
- Wears personal protective equipment as necessary for the job.
- Drive company van for pick up and deliveries.
What you will bring to the table:
- Know how to work independently and can work overtime when required.
- Computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to lift heavy telescopes weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be motivated, responsible, and willing to work in team environment.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of warehouse experience.
- Heavy lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have a valid forklift certification.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may fax your résumé to: 310-328-4061. No phone calls please.