Sales Support Technician
September 17, 2021
Who are we? Celestron is a leader and manufacturer of optical telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars located in Torrance, CA. Our telescopes and mounts are used in universities, governmental space programs, and by amateur astronomers around the world.
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives around the world and we are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiasts through our innovative products.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Technical Support Department. This is an exciting position that allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We’ve had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Celestron has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan.
We also offer:
- Employee discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Holiday lunches and BBQs on the house
- Flex schedule for hourly employees
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
- Car Wash Service
- Department trips and outings
What you will do:
- Providing over the phone technical product support and order taking with an emphasis in sales.
- Assist customers with technical product support inquiries through Celestron’s E-mail Management System, Kayako.
- Familiarize yourself with the product line through product trainings with an emphasis in Astro-Imaging.
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain a calm, professional manner when dealing with customers.
- Communicate directly with our customers via e-mail providing feedback and status updates.
- Provide Live Chat support as assigned by Department Manager to meet department service levels.
- Uphold company standards to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and optimize work efficiency. Achieve company-specified daily and monthly support and sales goals.
- Work with Repair and Engineering Departments to identify and report ongoing mechanical/technical issues with our products for long term resolutions.
- Occasional work along-side our Engineers, Sales, and Marketing teams to promote our brand at star parties and industry events.
What you will bring to the table:
- Previous Sales and Technical Support experience is preferred.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software like Microsoft Teams and Kayako.
- Must have strong work ethics and organizational skills.
- Must be customer focused and self-motivated to reach out to customers to make product recommendations and close sales.
- Able to multi-task in a sales, manufacturing, warehouse, and office environment.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Know how to work independently both remotely and in the office and can work overtime when required.
- Motivated, responsible, and willing to work in team environment.
- Able to lift heavy telescopes weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must have great customer service skills. Our customers are passionate about astronomy and have been known to drive for miles to meet with us.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com.
. You may fax your résumé to: 310-328-4061. No phone calls please.