Technical Support Representative (Sky-Watcher USA)
September 17, 2021
Who are we? Sky-Watcher is a leader and manufacturer of optical telescopes, mounts, and accessories located in Torrance, CA. Our telescopes and mounts are used in universities, governmental space programs, and by amateur astronomers around the world.
What do we do? We are dedicated to promoting the importance of science education and dark-sky preservation throughout our communities. We partner with STEM and outdoor initiatives around the world, and we are committed to fostering intellectual curiosity in new generations of scientists, engineers, and outdoor enthusiast through our innovative products.
We are currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and responsible individual to fill a full-time position in our Technical Support Department. This is an exciting position that allows for growth and development within the company. We appreciate cross functionality and encourage team members to work in other departments to gain additional experience. We’ve had tremendous success in promoting from within the company. If you are fascinated with astronomy and have a passion for learning something new, this is the perfect fit for you!
Sky-Watcher USA has more to offer than the usual competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefit packets; and a 401K plan.
We also offer:
- Product discounts for you, your friends, and family members
- Company branded swag
- Snacks and meals on the house
- Local and national discounts
- Occasional, early leave days
- Employee lounge room
What you will do:
Assist customers with recommendations for Sky-Watcher products via telephone, e-mail and live chat.
- Research manuals and on-line resources to answer customer questions.
- Troubleshoot problems and determine if equipment needs servicing.
- Share technical information about Sky-Watcher products with team members and utilize standard problem-solving techniques.
- Issue RMA numbers for repair or replacement of product; arrange product returns via Call Tags and Prepaid Return Labels.
- Collaborate with Management to solve customer issues.
- Work with Repair, QA, and Engineering Departments to identify and report ongoing mechanical/technical issues with our products for long term resolutions.
- Occasionally work along-side our Engineers, Sales, and Marketing teams to promote our brand at star parties and industry events.
What you will bring to the table:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Outlook e-mails.
- Knowledge of digital cameras or connecting products to a computer is a plus.
- Courteous, professional, and outgoing personality.
- Ability to master valuable product knowledge through reading, training, and use of equipment.
- Enjoying problem solving and helping people.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Know how to work independently and can work overtime when required.
- Motivated, responsible, and willing to work in a team environment and share information.
- Able to lift or safely move heavy telescopes weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must have great customer service skills. Our customers are passionate about astronomy and have been known to drive for miles to have their telescope repaired.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may fax your résumé to: 310-328-4061. No phone calls please.