- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 40 lbs
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
Computerized Mount Features
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Meridian preference for slewing - allows you to approach an object from the side of the Meridian that maximizes tracking (and imaging) time
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Solar System alignment method - allows you to align your telescope and view the moon and planets during the day
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
ITEM # 91526
The CGEM™ mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding over 40 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
Ergonomic Design - CGEM was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
|Mount Type||Computerized Equatorial|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Power Requirements||Car battery adapter|
|Mount Weight||41 lbs (19 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||17 lbs (7.71 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 17 lbs|
|Weight (lbs)||75 lbs (34 kg)|
|Payload Capacity||40 lbs (18 kg)|
|Latitude Range||15° to 70°|
|Motor Drive||Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||AutoAlign, 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 calculation|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Power Requirements||12 VDC 3.2 Amps|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit our Warranty page.
Where to Buy
You can count on our Premier Select dealers to offer an extensive selection of telescopes, binoculars, and microscopes in stock for immediate delivery. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
Celestron Premier Plus dealers carry a range of Celestron products. As our trusted partners, they provide advanced product expertise and superior customer service.
- Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- CGEM Series Manual
- PEC Tool v.1.0.18
- Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Knowledgebase Articles
- My CGEM mount won’t let the front latitude screw lock the mount. What’s wrong – is the mount unstable?
- Does the stated payload weight of my Celestron mount include the counterweights?
- My CGEM mount is moving in the wrong direction when I use the direction arrows. What is wrong? How can I change the direction of the direction buttons?
- I have a CGEM mount and I need to use it at latitudes below 15 degrees or above 70 degrees. Can I do that?
- How do I use the polar axis finderscope for the CGEM mount?
- I want to permanently pier-mount my CGEM. What size is the hole on the head holding the central rod?
- What dovetail bars are used with various Celestron mounts?
- Does the NexStar hand control database include IC (Index Catalog) objects?
- Are there any additional specifications on the CGEM/CGEM DX Mount?
- What is the threading on the outside of my Celestron GoTo mount’s power jack?
- My Celestron mount is making a high pitched whine or hum even when it’s not moving. Is this a problem?
- After performing an update, my hand control displays a different mount type. How can I fix this?
- What are the differences between the CGEM and CGEM DX mounts?
- Which Polar finder should I use for my Equatorial mount