December 1, 2020
Celestron, the world’s leading telescope company, is seeking a Software Engineer to add to its in-house Product Development department. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team on exciting consumer products.
- Actively collaborate with a tight-knit team of experienced and dedicated engineers to help define and develop new product ideas into successful products.
- Create and maintain software supporting Celestron’s line of computerized mounts and accessories. Field testing and debugging of various electro-mechanical systems.
- Work with both bare-metal embedded systems as well as embedded Linux systems
- Work on Android, iOS, and PC applications for controlling telescopes and accessories
- Create and maintain clear documentation for developed software, associated tests, and test procedures. Maintain accurate records of software releases.
- Stay abreast of developing software technologies.
- Assist Tech Support and Repair teams with challenging cases.
- Monitor trends in amateur astronomy. Assist in supporting software beta testers.
- Use an understanding of the specific needs of our end users, to propose and develop new products and functionality.
- B.S. in science/technology.
- 1-3 years programming experience.
- Proficiency in one or more high level programming languages (C#, Java, Swift etc) with a focus on user application development.
- Experience creating and maintaining user applications including user interfaces and backend functionality.
- Experience with C / C++ programming.
- Willingness to collaborate with other programmers using agreed upon interfaces, style sheets, project outlines, code review and version control systems.
- Self-starter – the initiative to overcome challenges individually when needed.
- Structured, object-oriented programming, design patterns.
- Unit testing
- Version control systems (SVN, Git)
- Experience with mobile app development
- Experience with UI design
- Amateur astronomy
- Motor control system implementations
- Embedded Linux
- Controlling peripheral hardware at the register level
- Electrical Engineering skills
An open office environment with an electronics lab area. Some field testing takes place at night in an on-site observatory. Occasional travel for trade shows and meetings. Working from home is required during the pandemic.
A competitive medical benefits package as well as a 401k plan is offered.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com