Celestron Introduces New Cavalry Optics Series
May 7, 2013
Extreme conditions are no match for the rugged Cavalry series, designed specifically for experienced outdoorsmen, boaters, law enforcement, and military personnel.
Torrance, CA (May 8, 2013) – When the going gets tough, Celestron’s new, durable Cavalry optics are your reliable eyes in the field no matter the conditions. Engineered to withstand the elements, the five Cavalry models feature advanced optical design housed in tough olive-drab rubberized armor, with several models additionally incorporating valuable outdoor tools.
With high-grade BaK-4 prisms, fully multi-coated optics, and large objective lenses, Cavalry optics produce images with increased contrast, resolution, and light transmission. The result is bright, sharp views even in low-light conditions, ideal for tracking targets across a variety of terrain.
It’s all encased in a waterproof, nitrogen purged housing made durable with matte olive-drab rubberized armor, which is easy to grip and offers concealment. Extended eye relief ensures a full field of view for both eyeglass and non-eyeglass wearers, and most models can be adapted to a tripod to keep the binocular steady during long observation sessions. All models come with objective lens caps, a neck strap, rainguard, and carrying case for extra protection.
What makes Cavalry really stand out from the pack, though, are the integrated outdoor tools. Several of the five models include one or more unique features that you’ll find essential for roughing it:
- Great for backpackers and boaters, the lightweight Cavalry 7x30 binocular features an integrated range-finding reticle and 6400 mil compass, so you can gauge distance and plot the best course for adventure.
- A necessary outdoor companion, the Cavalry 7x50 binocular does it all with an integrated range-finding reticle, digital GPS, and compass. The built-in LCD screen provides information about your coordinates, elevation, and direction, so you can map where you are and where you need to go.
- The Cavalry 10x50 binocular elevates the classic binocular design with rugged capabilities, including big 50 mm objective lenses for excellent light gathering and durable rubberized armor that can endure any situation.
- The Cavalry 15x70 binocular gives you eagle eyes over long distances with its massive 70 mm objective lenses, which reveal objects that cannot be seen with the naked eye or even with smaller objective lenses. In low-light conditions, the Cavalry 15x70 gathers lots of light for bright, clear images—they can even be used for casual stargazing.
- The Cavalry 8x42 monocular compacts a 42 mm objective lens, range-finding reticle, and 6400 mil compass into a grab-and-go package that easily fits in a backpack or glove box, so it’s always ready for spontaneous observation.
The complete Cavalry line is now shipping and is available through Celestron’s vast network of dealers. Please visit Celestron.com for dealer locations or more information.
Celestron is a leading designer, manufacturer, and importer of high-quality optical products including computerized and non-computerized telescopes and related accessories, GPS devices, binoculars, spotting scopes, and microscopes. Since manufacturing its first telescope in 1960, Celestron has grown to become the world's #1 telescope maker, and enjoys brand-name recognition among serious amateur astronomers for superior optics, outstanding design, and innovative technology. Celestron’s extraordinary products continue to receive numerous industry and consumer media accolades, adding to an already impressive list that includes awards for product innovation from Reader's Digest, Popular Science, PC Magazine, Popular Mechanics, the Consumer Electronics Association, and more. Celestron is a privately-held company with corporate offices and manufacturing facilities in Torrance, California.