Celestron Unveils Innovative NEW Telescopes, EQ Mounts, Sport Optics and More for Photokina 2016
September 19, 2016
Torrance, CA (September 20, 2016) - Celestron, the world’s #1 telescope maker and a leading sport optics manufacturer is constantly developing new products and anticipating the needs of today’s modern explorers. With high-end quality optics, competitive price points, and sought-after accessories that work with mobile devices, Celestron’s newest offerings give you the tech edge outdoors and dependable performance for the professional and the hobbyist alike.
- CGX, the all new German equatorial mount from Celestron redefines state of the art for backyard observatories and serious astroimaging. Designed and engineered in the USA, CGX is a culmination of years of engineering experience and advancements to our technologies. The redesigned CGX takes equatorial mounts to a higher level than ever before. 55 lbs. load capacity, belt-driven worm gears, improved motors and ergonomics, all at an impossible to miss price point.
- CGEM II is an update to our venerable CGEM mount which has been the backbone of Celestron’s equatorial mount series for 8 years. CGEM II boasts a dual-sized dovetail saddle, improved ergonomics, and a fresh new look for a wide range of our best optical tube models and sizes including EdgeHD.
- ASTRO FI brings fun and futuristic wireless telescope control via WiFi into everyone’s price range for three classic models (Refractor, Newtonian, and Maksutov-Cassegrain) and a new observing experience.
- INSPIRE telescopes features numerous innovations never before seen on an entry level telescope including its revolutionary lens cap design that offers an integrated, ready to use smartphone adapter for an easy and enjoyable introduction to the world of astrophotography.
- NEXSTAR EVOLUTION 8 HD with StarSense AutoAlign joins one of the world’s most loved (and first fully wireless WiFi) telescopes, with Celestron’s famous EdgeHD optical technology, and the game changing StarSense AutoAlign accessory. This really is a new way to experience the night sky. The intuitive performance of Celestron’s three greatest technologies in one tight package offers one of the most enjoyable experiences behind the eyepiece.
- NEXIMAGE 10 solar system imager incorporates USB 3.0 SuperSpeed with over 10 million super small 1.67?m pixels where even smaller telescopes with shorter focal lengths can yield tremendous planetary detail. NexImage 10 is a great way to get started with astroimaging, especially if you live in a light-polluted area.
- SKYRIS 236 solar system imager features Sony’s new ultra-sensitive EXMOR™ IMX236LQJ CMOS sensor and lightning fast USB 3.0 read out marking it as the best planetary imager on the market. Celestron continues to the push the envelope in imaging technology enabling up to 200 frames per second capture, cross capability as an autoguider, with full Mac OS X compatibility for anyone wishing to explore our Solar System’s Sun, Moon, and planets like never before while creating crisp, high-resolution images sure to amaze.
- KYMASTER PRO - Our classic SkyMaster family of large aperture, long range binoculars just got an update with the long awaited SkyMaster Pro available in 15x70 and 20x80 models. SkyMaster Pro boasts better materials and construction for an unrivaled, and portable, observing experience. Perfectly suited to give amateurs and old pros alike exceptional views of the Moon, major planets, and deep space objects (especially under dark skies) that get a “WOW” every time.
- HUMMINGBIRD is the world’s first “micro” ED glass spotting scope that is so compact you can take it anywhere. From the coat pocket to the tripod, this power packed scope features premium ED glass for the truest and most vivid images, durable rubber-armored and nitrogen purged housing, a variable zoom eyepiece, and a shouldered or belt-loop carrying case. Weighing in at just over a pound, the Hummingbird is bound to make a splash with avid birders and outdoorsmen.
- TRAILSEEKER - Celestron is also pleased to announce the addition of six new spotting scopes to their already impressive line of TrailSeeker binoculars. This release includes 65, 80, and 100mm straight and angled spotting scopes which offer an amazing viewing experience in a rugged and durable rubber armored housing that is fully waterproof, fog proof, and nitrogen filled. The optical system features Celestron’s proprietary XLT multi-coatings that render high resolution images with outstanding contrast while the dual focus mechanism allows you to find subjects quickly and then fine tune for sharp details.
OUTDOOR ELECTRONICS and MICROSCOPES
- ELEMENTS - Rounding out this year’s already impressive list is a revisit to our still quite new line of Elements outdoor accessories. Elements provide heat, power, and light to our astronomers, birders, hunters, explorers, and anyone who works or plays outdoors. Elements keep your personal electronics charged, your hands warm, and your path or workspace lighted for hours on end in even the most challenging conditions. This latest generation packs all the power and features with new ergonomic designs, higher capacities, and better coordination with other Celestron portable power packs like the beloved PowerTank.
- POWERTANK LITHIUM - Celestron just revamped every astronomer/ astrophotographer’s favorite portable power supply for telescopes. Simply put, the all new PowerTank Lithium is smaller, lighter, safer, and more efficient than its lead acid predecessors and is exciting the world of Astronomy. Strap it to the tripod leg and you’ve got power (and a red or bright white LED panel) for an entire night’s worth of observing and imaging, plus you can charge your smart devices and Elements products with the dual USB out ports! Another instant classic!
- MICRODIRECT 1080P HDMI HANDHELD DIGITAL MICROSCOPE streams in amazingly clear 1080p HD video via HDMI cable-directly through a TV monitor or projector-- No computer needed. This microscope can connect to any compatible monitor or projector via HDMI cable for real 1080p HD video streaming at up to 220x magnification. That means high quality viewing of 3D specimens, samples, and even slides!