Summer of the Planets Photo Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE U.S. AND CANADA, IN PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Celestron’s Summer of the Planets Photo Contest starts July 13th, 2018 and ends end of day (midnight) of September 30th, 2018.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, entrants must, as of the date above, (i) be above the age of majority in their state of residence, (ii) have a valid email address for Celestron to contact you. Note: if your email is incorrect, Celestron will not be able to reach you in regards to entry.
Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Sponsor, Celestron and any affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Celestron which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; and (b) acknowledge acceptance of and compliance with these Official Rules. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- TO ENTER: To participate in the Contest, eligible persons must submit/upload an image of one of the following celestial objects to Gleam.io for a valid entry point: Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, or the Moon.
NOTE: Any and all images submitted to Celestron for Summer of the Planets Photo Contest consent to its use for Celestron’s commercial purposes. By submitting an entry to the Summer of the Planets Photo Contest, entries certify that their participation is not illegal or in violation of any law and does not infringe on copyright. Any entries found to be in violation will be disqualified.
To be eligible, entries must be received during the Contest Period. Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person to the email. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted. There is a limit of one (1) entry per week via the method of your choosing. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received.
7/16/18 update: "There is a limit of one (1) entry per week via the method of your choosing." You are able to submit one (1) Facebook, one (1) Instagram, one (1) Twitter, & one (1) direct upload in a week. The max amount of images you can upload in a week is four (4).
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from among all Eligible Entries to receive the Prize (as defined below). If no Eligible Entries are received during the Contest Period, then no Prize will be awarded. Celestron will contact the potential winner via email. Celestron will contact the potential winner within a day following the conclusion of the Contest Period. Failure to respond to the contact within a day or failure to accept the Prize, may result in the selection of an alternate potential winner. Where permitted by law, potential Prize winners may be required to submit a publicity release and limitation of liability. Failure to complete such documents may also result in the selection of an alternate potential winner in the manner described above.
- PRIZE: One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected to each receive a NexStar Evolution 6 with a value of $1,299.
Eleven (11) potential winners will be randomly selected weekly for the images submitted that week. Winners will be pulled on Fridays and announced on Mondays; first announcement will start 7/20. Prizes will be Celestron swag.
Prize may not be substituted, and is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash. Celestron reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. The Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes associated with the Prize. The Prize winner is solely responsible for all fees and expenses including, but not limited to taxes, fees, insurance, incidentals, and transportation, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of the Prize unless such item is specifically stated as being included with the Prize when the Prize is announced.
- GENERAL TERMS: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR CONTEST ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN CELESTRON’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Contest Entities are not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Further, Celestron is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of your telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Celestron reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the Contest Period, notice will be provided by Celestron social media accounts, emails, and post on the contest page during the Contest Period. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Celestron are final. Celestron reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated device entries, (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CELESTRON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Celestron from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Celestron, and hereby acknowledge that Celestron have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize awarded, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are applicable to that prize.
- WINNER LIST: The winner will be announced via Celestron’s social media accounts (Facebook – @Celestron Telescopes, Twitter – @Celestron, Instagram – @CelestronUniverse), through email, and on Celestron’s website after the winner has been verified.