LER (Long Eye Relief) Eyepiece
- This versatile eyepiece can be used on Celestron spotting scopes, telescopes and other optical instruments that have a 1.25” eyepiece mount. Extra-long eye relief of 32 mm with removable rubber eyecup for use with eyeglasses or shooting glasses.
- Larger viewing area allows user to quickly acquire and easily follow subjects as they move.
- Waterproof and nitrogen purged for use in all weather conditions. Nitrogen gas prevents internal fogging.
- Celestron’s proprietary XLT coating increases light transmission through the optical path for brighter images, better contrast and increased resolution.
- Removing the eyecup exposes threads that can be used to attach a DSLR to the spotting scope for photography. (T-ring required, sold separately.)
- Best Paired With
The fixed magnification LER (Long Eye Relief) Eyepiece is a great addition to your Celestron spotting scope, especially if you participate in shooting sports. With a generous 32 mm of eye relief, you’ll be able to look through the eyepiece without sacrificing your shooting position or removing protective eyewear. The wide field of view helps you bring subjects into the field of view quickly. The larger viewing area also makes it easier to follow subjects as they move. When used for target shooting, this eyepiece enables you to see to the left and right of your target and identify changes in the wind when reading mirage.
XLT Optical Coatings
Celestron’s proprietary XLT coatings the eyepiece coupled with the spotting scope delivers bright, razor sharp images with amazing detail. XLT coatings, developed for our observatory-grade telescopes, increase light transmission through the optical path and deliver crisp, high contrast images with outstanding resolution.
Capture and Share Views
Not only does the LER Eyepiece provide stunning views in the field, but you can also attach an SLR camera to this eyepiece with an optional T-ring. Capture those impressive views and share them with friends and family when you return home.
Waterproof and Nitrogen Purged
The LER Eyepiece’s fully waterproof housing is suitable for use in all climates and weather conditions, so you can have peace of mind when unexpected weather rolls in. The housing is also filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the internal lenses from fogging when moving between extreme temperatures or using the eyepiece in damp conditions.
|Angular Field of View||2.5" (65 mm) / 2.1" (80 mm) / 1.8" (100 mm)|
|Dimensions (in/mm)||1.94" x 1.94" x 4.12" / 49 mm x 49 mm x 105 mm|
|Exit Pupil||2.9 mm (65 mm) / 2.9 mm (80 mm) / 3.3 mm (100mm)|
|Eye Relief||32 mm|
|Eye Relief (mm)||32 mm (1.26 in)|
|Linear Field of View (@1000...||131 ft / 44 m (65 mm) / 110 ft / 37 m (80 mm) / 94 ft / 31 m (100 mm)|
|Magnification||22x (65 mm) / 27x (80 mm) / 30x (100 mm)|
|Nitrogen Filled (Fogproof)||Yes|
|Optical Coatings||XLT (Fully Multi-Coated)|
|Relative Brightness||8.4 (65 mm) / 8.4 (80 mm) / 10.9 (100 mm)|
|Twilight Factor||37.81 (65 mm) / 46.47 (80 mm) / 54.77 (100 mm)|
|Weight (oz/g)||8.5 oz / 240 g|