COSMOS 5 MP LCD Desktop Digital Microscope
- Built-in 5MP digital camera captures and saves high-resolution images of your specimens
- Full-color 3.5" LCD screen and rechargeable lithium-ion battery for use in the field, TV out for display in a classroom or lab
- High-quality 5-element IR cut glass lens, adjustable stage for viewing different sized subjects
- 4x to 160x magnification using LCD screen, up to 200x using computer monitor, 4x digital zoom
- Includes 2 GB Micro SD card pre-loaded with specimen images, Portable Capture Pro software with measurement feature (compatible with both Windows and Mac), AV cable, calibration ruler, AC adapter/charger, USB 2.0 cable
Get up close with your imagination: observe new levels of sharp detail with the professional-level COSMOS 5 MP LCD Desktop Digital Microscope! Inspired by COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey, this innovative low-power LCD digital microscope zeroes in on subjects with its high-resolution 5MP sensor at 4X to160X magnification.
With an a 3.5” TFT LCD screen, onboard software, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, and Micro SD card slot, you can enjoy up to 2 hours observing and capturing images in the field. It's also lightweight and easy to carry for grab-and-go convenience. The microscope comes with a 2 GB Micro SD card pre-loaded with sample specimen images, and plenty of room to save hundreds more.
Back in the classroom or lab, view specimens on the onboard LCD screen or an external monitor. Depending on your screen size, you can achieve up to 200x magnification for up-close viewing of traditional slides or 3D specimens like stamps, coins, gems, circuit boards, and more. Easily connect to your computer with the included USB 2.0 cable and included Portable Capture Pro software.
Save still images or 30 fps video of all your discoveries, and even measure specimens using the software. Great for entomology, industrial quality control and inspection, medicine, scientific research, and forensics.
The COSMOS 5 MP LCD Desktop Digital Microscope also comes with step-by-step instructions two exciting experiments to help you identify strange life forms hidden in your own backyard!
- USB Cable 2.0
- AC Adapter
- TV out/AV cable
- Celestron Portable Capture Pro Software CD with measurement feature
- Calibration Ruler
- Lithium Ion battery for field use
|AC Adapter||Input universal 100 to 240 volt, 50/60 Hz|
|Batteries||1050 mAh rechargeable Li-Ion, 2 hours continuous use|
|Continuous Video (VGA)||Yes, 30 fps|
|Dimensions||149 mm x 104 mm x 227 mm (5.8 in x 4.1 in x 8.9 in)|
|Illumination||8 adjustable white LEDs in ring configuration|
|Imaging Sensor||5.0 MP CMOS, 10x magnification in lieu of eyepiece|
|LCD Screen||3.5 in (90 mm) TFT LCD with 4x digital zoom, 4|
|Magnification (high power)||160 with LCD, 200 with computer x|
|Magnification (low power)||4 with LCD, 20 with computer x|
|Objective Lense Diameter||5-element IR cut, high quality glass lens|
|Screen Resolution||320 x 240 pixels|
|Software Compatibility||Windows XP or better, Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7|
|Stage||Fully adjustable with metal clips|
|Weight||56 oz, 1600 g|