Wide Angle Eyepiece
- This versatile eyepiece can be used on Celestron spotting scopes, telescopes and other optical instruments that have a 1.25” eyepiece mount. Larger viewing area allows user to quickly acquire and easily follow subjects as they move.
- Twist-up eyecup and 20 mm eye relief provides a full field of view and comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- Waterproof and nitrogen purged for use in all weather conditions. Nitrogen gas prevents internal fogging
- Celestron’s proprietary XLT coating increases light transmission through the optical path for brighter images, better contrast and increased resolution
- Removing the eyecup exposes threads that can be used to attach a DSLR to the spotting scope for photography. (T-Adapter ring and T-Ring required, sold separately)
- Best Paired With
The fixed magnification Wide Angle Eyepiece is a terrific addition to your Celestron spotting scope. The wide field of view helps you bring subjects into the field of view quickly. The larger viewing area also makes it easier to follow subjects as they move.
XLT Optical Coatings
Celestron’s proprietary XLT coatings deliver bright, razor sharp images with amazing detail. XLT coatings, developed for our observatory-grade telescopes, increase light transmission through the optical path and deliver crisp, high contrast images with outstanding resolution.
Comfortable Eye Relief
Excellent eye relief of 20 mm allows for comfortable viewing for both eyeglass and non-eyeglass wearers. Eyeglass wearers can see the entire field of view while looking through the eyepiece with their glasses on due to the extended eye relief.
For those that do not wear eyeglasses, the twist up eyecup correctly positions the user’s eye behind the eyepiece at the correct distance for optimal viewing
Capture and Share Views
Not only does the Wide Angle Eyepiece provide stunning views in the field, but you can also attach an SLR camera to this eyepiece with an optional T-Adapter and a T-Ring. Capture those impressive views and share them with friends and family when you return home.
Waterproof and Nitrogen Purged
The Wide Angle Eyepiece’s fully waterproof housing is suitable for use in all climates and weather conditions, so you can have peace of mind when unexpected weather rolls in. The housing is also filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the internal lenses from fogging when moving between extreme temperatures or using the eyepiece in damp conditions.